In this workshop, we will not only teach you how to use a PCB schematics tool, but also how you actually compose a circuit. We go through the entire process from having functional requirements to sourcing components and designing a circuit that actually works. Which parts are crucial to include, what about decoupling capacitors, pull-up resistors and test points? Learn about pitfalls and best practices during our years of experience in PCB design.
Bring your own laptop (Win/Mac/Linux)!
- Draw proper circuit schematics (we will use KiCAD, but the information can be applied to any tool!)
- Find crucial information in datasheets and transfer them to the schematics
- Get familiar with the most common circuit elements and interfaces
- Best practices for later debugging and production
- Component sourcing, bill of material (BOM)
Raffael Tschui from Octanis Instruments.
Electrical Engineer MSc EPFL.
35 CHF/participant. Free for Octanis Members.
You can register on Meetup to save your spot immediately and pay online. Or if you prefer to pay by cash, use the form below.
For cash payment or if you are an Octanis Member, please fill out this form. Submitting this form reserves you a spot as long as there are places left. Your name and email is kept until the end of the workshop so we can contact you.